Saturday, June 18, 2011

What would you do with one day left?

Well, for me, I'm just a-packin'. I have one day left until the first day of the rest of my life! This blog is finally going to get interesting! I'm going to have amazing experiences with the children in Cambodia, tour historic landmarks, learn so many new things, and change in ways I can't even begin to imagine. Here are my goals for my volunteer experience in Cambodia.

  • Show my love for each child in an individual way
  • Learn each of their names
  • Teach them at least one new game, but I'm sure I'll mostly learn games from them!
  • Do my very best at teaching English, and never give up! 
  • Try one strange food (crickets?)
  • Find one miracle every day (which I'll write here in this blog)
  • Become more humble as to better serve those around me
I was scared for a little while, especially about paying for this. But I don't think I'm scared at all anymore. I am 100% excited about this experience! I'm going to make the most out of it and work so hard to deserve this opportunity. I'd say my only fear now about the trip is just that I won't rise to my potential. I won't let that happen. I'm going to be the best I can possibly be. These kids deserve it! Maybe I'll find a way to carry my determination and motivation back with me. Will it fit in my carry on? I'll have to see. = ) 

So, as for my Itinerary, I will be leaving for the airport on Monday at 2:50. Then I'll land in San Fransisco at 6:30pm. I have a hotel for that night and I'll try to tour the city that night and before my flight leaves the next day at 1:10pm. Then I'm flying to Korea where I have a two hour layover. I'll get to Phnom Penh around 11:30pm on the 22nd of June!!! It's funny I won't actually be in Cambodia for another 4 days or so, but I leave in two. Crazy! I won't be writing until I land in Cambodia unless something important happens between now and then. Wish me luck!!! Catch ya'll on the other side of the world!

1 comment:

  1. Crickets sound yummy, lol. Catch ya in Cambodia! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete