Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's not over until I get on that plane!

There seem to be many things that could cause me to not go on this trip, but I refuse to take no for an answer. I'm fighting this until the very last minute. Thankfully, all the drama that just about ruined everything (long story!) is over and now I am creating new safety plans for my stay in Cambodia. My poor father is worried sick about my safety but I made it clear to him and the foundation that I am set on going. It feels good to be so set on something. If this happened a few years ago I would have caved and let everyone decide it for me. Not now! I'm fighting for what I want to do. And it is so fulfilling to fight for what I know is right for me! I'm going to Cambodia come hell or high water!

Funds are due tonight, and thankfully I'm ready to pay it! Thank you to everyone for your wonderful support! I've never been so excited about anything in my life and I owe it all to those of you who donated! I am now in the process of checking everything off of my departure list. I have decided to pack very light and buy extra clothes and such while I'm there. Steve mentioned to me that it is a good idea to buy things while I'm there as to stimulate the economy. Granted, I can't fix the country's economy by buying clothes while I'm there but its a start, right? Besides, clothes are a million times cheaper there than they are here! I am going to buy choco's (let's be honest I don't really know how to spell that) while I'm here though. I've been wanting a pair of those forever and I need some to fit into the recreation major at BYU. Haha.

I've been watching a sad documentary about Khamer Rouge called restitution extortion. Look it up on Youtube, it is so heavy! I'm so glad it is easy to research a place before you go to it. I get more excited to be there with everything I learn about it. I talked to a mentor that just came back from Cambodia a few months ago and everything she told me was so inspiring and exciting!! This is going to be the best experience of my life! Who else is excited??

1 comment:

  1. I love your determination....I'm so excited for you!!! I'm excited just reading about this exciting adventure you are about to go on!!!

    ReplyDelete