Monday, July 18, 2011

Thoughts lead to actions. Always.

No matter what you think, you can turn it into action. If you desire something, you can get it. People here don't always think like this. They have barriers that tell them that without money you cannot make your dreams come true, and making money is too difficult. The thing is, if you have an idea there is always a way to make it a reality. ALWAYS! And, there are always people ready to help you improve your idea.

So here's my idea. It is a very crazy idea that would be almost impossible, but I still believe it is possible. It sounds so silly to say it out loud, but I just think it might work if I can get people to help me. I was in the shower shampooing my hair listening to Justin Bieber when it hit me: the kids in the orphanage in Cambodia are huge Justin Bieber fans! And after watching his movie 'Never say never' I'm inclined to believe that he loves his fans. But I wonder how well he knows about his fans in Cambodia. If I wrote him a letter about how much these kids love him (and put some pictures in it) and explain their situation, etc. I wonder if he would decide to come to Cambodia for a concert and let the kids at the orphanage get in free! It would be so great for them. That, of course, is a GIANT idea. But I had a second thought as well. What if he just signed a bunch of CD's or posters and then mailed them to the orphanage! That would be much more likely to happen,  I think. Pretty possible, right? How cool would that be if I could give them that gift? Also, they love 'Crush' by David Archuletta and he's also likely to sign some things to give to the kids. He's a nice guy, right? Anyway, I was just pondering about all the things I could do for the kids because of all the things they have given me. I just want to do something for them!

I only have one more full day here in Cambodia and I'm starting to feel extremely sad about it. Thankfully, I have a few really fun things planned! Tomorrow, I'm going to teach the kids how to tie-dye! I'm really excited because I know they'll have a great time doing it. It took me a while to figure out where to buy dye and stuff but thanks to the internet I was able to figure out how to tie-dye without specifically having 'tie-dye' dye. Then, on Wednesday I'm going to throw a halloween party for the kids! We'll have bobbing for apples and pumpkin carving, and loooottsss of candy. Plus real food (probably hamburgers or something). I'm trying to think of other fun games. I don't think the kids really understand the whole costume thing. I tried to tell them to start putting together their costume but I don't know if that part is going to work out. We'll see. So these next two days are going to be busy and SO FUN!

Let me know if you have any ideas for halloween games!

No comments:

Post a Comment