Thursday, May 12, 2011

Plane ticket bought!

It's official, I'm going to Cambodia June 20th through July 20th!! I've never been so excited, so nervous, so scared, or so inspired in my life! Everything is going according to plan aside from already having the money raised. Hopefully, that will happen this weekend! I had to cancel the pancake 'brinner' because not enough people were coming. But that's water under the bridge. Thankfully, I am super hopeful about the car-wash on Saturday May 14th! I bought a GIANT posterboard for a sign to attract cars from the highway, I've made flyers and placed them where I could on campus (there were only a few bulletin boards that allowed non-BYU sponsored events), I went to a few businesses, I made a facebook page, and all of my friends (who I love more than I can express!) have been spreading the word. I've gotten 5 volunteers for sure, so washing the cars will be no problem. Fuddrucker's is going to provide the water, buckets, soap, and venue (of course) so all I have to provide are volunteers, towels, and signs!

I'm also working on my next fundraiser which will be on a Wednesday night on May 25th. This is later than I hoped, but I think it'll be a great fundraiser. I'm going to do a ton more advertising next week for it, so I'm sure the turn out will be grand. Let's hope, anyway.

Let's see...what else have I been doing to get ready for Cambodia? I'm finally done with my immunizations. I was taking Typhoid orally for a week and finished my last dose last night! Now, I have to start taking anti-biotics a week before I leave for Cambodia (for malaria). I also need to look around for good clothes to wear while I'm there. I'd like to wear pants to avoid any mosquito bites, but it's also reaaally hot there so I don't want to wear jeans. It's amazing how many expenses there are that you don't think about. Did you know that immunizations are almost 200 dollars when you're going to a foreign country like Cambodia? And that passports are $150? It's a good thing I have such a great job. I got all my shifts covered for when I'm gone that whole month! Which means I won't have to quit and I'll have a job as soon as I come back. You know, even though life is horribly difficult and painful, there are always beautiful times like this that I can sit back, smile and realize that God loves me.  And for that, I am grateful.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment