Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Preparing for the Trip of a Lifetime

Hey everybody!! I'm excited about this blog, but way more excited about my trip to Cambodia at the end of June! I've been preparing for this since the beginning of December and everything is finally coming together. I've applied for my passport, I'm getting my immunizations tomorrow [which include routine, hepatitis A &B, typhoid, japanese encephalitis, and rabies, not to mention the anti-biotics I'll need to take for malaria!], I have my date set for a pancake breakfast (for dinner) fundraiser on May 13th from 6pm-8pm, and I'm going around to different business starting tomorrow to ask for support as well as finding a place to do the car-wash which will hopefully be on May 14th! I've also sent letters to all the friends and family members that I had addresses to. I've been looking at Cambodian websites and travel websites nonstop for days now, and I've found several good ideas for safe travel. One person told me to start thinking in riel (cambodian money) instead of U.S. dollars so I don't spend as much while I'm there. A website I looked at on Saturday said that registering with the national travel program is a good idea as well, so I'm going to do that as soon as I get my passport because it needs your passport information. I also have found the U.S. Embassy's address and phone number in Cambodia so that I have it in case of an emergency. I've figured out that Cambodia is about 13 hours ahead of Mountain Standard Time! That's pretty cool. Thats about all I can think of for now. I'm going to post the web address for donations as well as pictures from the foundation's page to give you all a nice intro into pictures I'll be taking personally!

No comments:

Post a Comment