Friday, May 6, 2011

So much to do!!

Here's an update of my fundraising/preparations!

So, I went to several different businesses around Provo, giving them all lovely letters telling them about my trip and asking for donations and such. I actually had a bit of success. I went to T's Diner off of 9th east in Provo and they just gave me $10 out of their register! Now I'm a huge promoter of T's Diner, let me tell you! If anyone asks where to go out to eat, I'm gonna say T's Diner. And Fuddruckers. But thats a different story. Here, I'll tell it!

Fuddruckers off of University Parkway in Orem is AWESOME!!! As soon as I went into that restaurant and told the manager about Fundraising he gave me everything I ever wanted. He's letting me do a car wash in the Fuddrucker's parking lot on May 14th from 11am to 3pm!! I think this is going to be a huge success. If you're in Utah come and bring all of your cars/trucks/vans! I'm charging a minimum donation of $5 for cars and $10 for trucks/vans. I have a few friends that are volunteering with me to wash cars and I think it will be a great experience. Fuddruckers is also giving a 15% discount to those who get their cars washed! But that isn't all Fuddruckers is doing for me. They have also graciously allowed me to have a benefit night there on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening. I'm probably going to do a Wednesday night. The main idea for the benefit night is that I will do the best I can to get people to come on that particular night (marketing and whatnot) and then Fuddruckers will give me 20% of their income for the night!! This is just such a great deal that I can't wait to do it! I'm going to put posters up, spread the word like wildfire, and make a facebook event! Hopefully everyone I know loves me enough to eat out that night at Fuddruckers. But I'm sure all my friends are pretty sick of me fundraising already. I'm kind of obnoxious. I'll ask anyone and everyone to volunteer or donate and I'm sure it's getting on people's nerves. But what am I supposed to do? I can't earn all the money by just working my job because I can't get enough shifts to earn $3,000 in one month. I wish I didn't have to ask people for money, but I'm trying to be reasonable and to keep people as involved in the cause as much as possible. 

Another great thing that happened in regards to fundraising is a little bookstore just south of J-dawgs, next to Thai Ruby, called Boomerang Books (great prices for textbooks, btw) gave me a temporary job paying me 7.50 an hour to shelve books. I did that yesterday and today. It was pretty fun, just very tedious. I was just so grateful to be able to make extra money! They're nice guys, shop there for your textbooks! They also buy books back that other stores wont, so go there. 

So, recap, there is a pancake brinner happening a week from today in Centennial Apartments' Rec room (under apartment 222) from 6pm to 8pm. Also, I'm having a car wash from 11am to 3pm May 14th (a week from tomorrow) in the Fuddrucker's parking lot. Cars: $5 Trucks/ Vans: $10 (you will also get a 15% discount at Fuddruckers!) then I will be doing a benefit night at Fuddruckers in about two weeks! I'll let everyone know the details as soon as I know. 

Other than these fundraisers, I've just been running around like a chicken with its head chopped off getting immunizations, figuring out flights, calling my Dad about every tiny detail, catching up with school, and working 27 hour shifts at work. I've never been so busy in my life, but I really love it! I'm having a blast and feel like I'm really accomplishing something grand! Is anyone else just so excited about life??

 Thanks for everyone's support so far!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment